Join 18,362 other subscribers
- ‘We are making a new world’: the top ten EAPC blogs January to June 2022!
- Artificial Intelligence has no role in palliative care…or does it?
- Hurdle Hopping: collaborating to overcome challenges in palliative care education.
- A year of work during the war: Sheptytsky Hospital palliative department, Ukraine.
- Woke with me…and inhabit the anti-racism sphere.
- ABSTRACT WATCH
- ADVANCE CARE PLANNING
- ADVOCACY & POLICY
- BLOG SERIES
- CHILDREN'S PALLIATIVE CARE
- EAPC ACTIVITIES
- EAPC Board Members
- EAPC Researcher Awards
- EAPC Task Forces/Reference Groups
- EAPC Webinars
- EAPC White Papers, Guidelines & Recommendations
- EAPC World Congresses
- EAPC COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS
- EAPC-LINKED JOURNALS
- EDUCATION & TRAINING
- INTERVIEWS & TRIBUTES
- NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL REPORTS
- OPINION PIECES
- PALLIATIVE CARE IN HUMANITARIAN CRISES
- PATIENT & FAMILY CARE
- Coronavirus and palliative care
- Minority Communities
- Palliative Care & Animals
- Palliative Care and Intensive Care
- Palliative Stories
- PSYCHO-SOCIAL ISSUES
- SYMPTOM CONTROL
- POSTS IN OTHER LANGUAGES
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- SPIRITUAL CARE
- VOLUNTEERING IN PALLIATIVE CARE
Tag Archives: Coronavirus and palliative care
Can patients still die a good death during a pandemic?
CONTINUING OUR NEW SERIES: COVID-19 AND THE PALLIATIVE CARE RESPONSE… Our Guest Writers today are Kathleen Leemans, Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Radiotherapy and Palliative Care, UZ Brussel, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium, and Lieve Van den Block, Professor in Aging … Continue reading
The challenges of caring for people dying from COVID-19
CONTINUING OUR NEW SERIES: COVID-19 AND THE PALLIATIVE CARE RESPONSE… On International Women’s Day 2021, we’re delighted to welcome our guest writer, Adejoke O Oluyase, Research Associate at the Cicely Saunders Institute of Palliative Care, Policy and Rehabilitation, UK, who … Continue reading
Together we can – the need for palliative care services to join forces in times of COVID-19
Dr Zipporah Ali is Chief Executive Director of Kenya Hospices and Palliative Care Association (KEHPCA), which represents and supports hospices and palliative care providers in Kenya. KEHPCA has been involved with the Ministry of Health of Kenya in developing the first … Continue reading
New ESMO recommendations for palliative and supportive care during the COVID-19 pandemic
Nathan I Cherny (Israel) Anna KL Reyners and Elisabeth DeVries (The Netherlands) unveil the latest guidelines from The European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) in respect of the pandemic. The COVID pandemic has now caused almost 200,000 deaths, and sadly many more are … Continue reading
Managing bereavement during the COVID-19 pandemic
Mai-Britt Guldin is a clinical psychology expert and senior researcher at Aarhus University hospital, Aarhus, Denmark, and a member of the steering committee of The European Association for Palliative Care (EAPC) Bereavement Care Task Force. Together with members of the task force, … Continue reading