Join 18,450 other subscribers
- Food, Toys and Love: The Voices of Seriously Ill Children and Their Siblings.
- The last chance to get things right: Inequity, social deprivation, and hospice care.
- Building leadership in Africa to promote equity in palliative care.
- It is time for better care at the end of life: a worldwide call to action from the OECD.
- The #EAPC2023 18th World Congress is nearly here!
- ABSTRACT WATCH
- ADVANCE CARE PLANNING
- ADVOCACY & POLICY
- BLOG SERIES
- CHILDREN'S PALLIATIVE CARE
- EAPC ACTIVITIES
- EAPC Board Members
- EAPC Researcher Awards
- EAPC Task Forces/Reference Groups
- EAPC Webinars
- EAPC White Papers, Guidelines & Recommendations
- EAPC World Congresses
- EAPC COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS
- EAPC-LINKED JOURNALS
- EDUCATION & TRAINING
- INTERVIEWS & TRIBUTES
- NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL REPORTS
- OPINION PIECES
- PALLIATIVE CARE IN HUMANITARIAN CRISES
- PATIENT & FAMILY CARE
- Coronavirus and palliative care
- Minority Communities
- Palliative Care & Animals
- Palliative Care and Intensive Care
- Palliative Stories
- PSYCHO-SOCIAL ISSUES
- SYMPTOM CONTROL
- POSTS IN OTHER LANGUAGES
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- SPIRITUAL CARE
- VOLUNTEERING IN PALLIATIVE CARE
Category Archives: Minority Communities
Doing things differently, sharing power and holding to account: the evolution of No Barriers Here.
Over recent years, there has been an increased awareness of the inequalities in healthcare provision and palliative care. Individuals and organisations are working to change this, and today we hear from Gemma Allen and Dr Jed Jerwood about an exciting … Continue reading
A Divine Idea: Can Healthcare Chaplains Reduce Suffering and Disparities in End-Stage Cancer Care?
NEW SERIES: A SNEAK PEEK AHEAD OF THE 12TH WORLD RESEARCH CONGRESS ONLINE OF THE EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION FOR PALLIATIVE CARE (EAPC) There are just 103 days to #EAPC2022! With live sessions on 18 to 20 May 2022, and lots of … Continue reading
Posted in EAPC 12th World Research Congresss, Minority Communities, SPIRITUAL CARE Tagged #eapc, #EAPC2022, #EAPCvzw Leave a comment
Equity-oriented palliative care: Submit to the ‘Palliative Medicine’ special issue
Professor Merryn Gott (Aotearoa New Zealand) and Dr Kelli Stajduhar (Canada) are guest editors of a special issue of ‘Palliative Medicine’ on equity in palliative care. They invite your contributions about the experiences of communities and people impacted by structural inequities that illuminate innovative models of palliative care delivery. … Continue reading
Is there equitable access to palliative care for people in prison?
CELEBRATING WORLD HOSPICE AND PALLIATIVE CARE DAY 2021. THIS YEAR’S THEME IS LEAVE NO ONE BEHIND – EQUITY IN ACCESS TO PALLIATIVE CARE In a special series, EAPC task forces and reference groups that work on behalf of vulnerable communities … Continue reading