Join 17,996 other followers
- Patient Navigators: What works, how, when and for whom?
- Don’t Say She Lost Her Battle: making a film about my mum’s death.
- A life or death decision? Who should decide who receives ICU care.
- Apply now! Nominate yourself or a colleague for the EAPC World Congress 2023 Researcher Awards.
- Hidden in Plain Sight: the Death of the Queen.
- ABSTRACT WATCH
- ADVANCE CARE PLANNING
- ADVOCACY & POLICY
- CHILDREN'S PALLIATIVE CARE
- EAPC ACTIVITIES
- EAPC Board Members
- EAPC Researcher Awards
- EAPC Task Forces/Reference Groups
- EAPC Webinars
- EAPC White Papers, Guidelines & Recommendations
- EAPC World Congresses
- EAPC COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS
- EAPC-LINKED JOURNALS
- EDUCATION & TRAINING
- INTERVIEWS & TRIBUTES
- NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL REPORTS
- PALLIATIVE CARE IN HUMANITARIAN CRISES
- PATIENT & FAMILY CARE
- Coronavirus and palliative care
- Minority Communities
- Palliative Care & Animals
- Palliative Care and Intensive Care
- Palliative Stories
- PSYCHO-SOCIAL ISSUES
- SYMPTOM CONTROL
- POSTS IN OTHER LANGUAGES
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- SPIRITUAL CARE
- VOLUNTEERING IN PALLIATIVE CARE
Category Archives: PACE
Palliative Care Implementation in Veterans’ Long-Term Care Facilities in Taiwan: Review of an international online seminar
Integrated Hospice Palliative Care Network for Veterans in Taiwan (IHPCNVT) hosted an international online seminar in October 2021 to discuss Palliative Care Implementation in Long-Term Care Facilities. Po-Chin Yang, Shu Kao, Hsiao-Ting Chang and Ming-Hwai Lin from the Taipei Veterans … Continue reading
Reaching out to the world: Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) Improving palliative care in care homes
Research only makes an impact to benefit people if it is implemented, warns Professor Sheila Payne, Emeritus Professor, International Observatory on End of Life Care, Lancaster University, UK. Here, she explains how the findings of the European-funded PACE project have … Continue reading
Does the ‘PACE steps to Success’ programme reduce hospital use in the last month of life of nursing home residents?
Only 43 days to #EAPC2020 … The 11th World Research Congress of the European Association for Palliative Care which, for the first time ever, will take place online with interactive online sessions 7 to 9 October 2020 and on-demand content … Continue reading
A free online course to improve palliative care in care homes for older people – registration for the next course opens today!
Earlier this year, a free online course delivered training for almost 1,500 healthcare professionals and others involved in caring for older people at end of life. If you missed it, there’s a new course starting early in 2020! Professor Sheila Payne, … Continue reading
Lessons learnt and best practices in palliative care for nursing homes: PACE Steps to Success programme
Professor Sheila Payne, Professor Katherine Froggatt and Danni Collingridge Moore from the International Observatory on End of Life Care, Lancaster University, UK, describe their work in developing a new Massive Open Online Course (MOOC), which demonstrates how to implement the PACE … Continue reading