Join 18,450 other subscribers
- Food, Toys and Love: The Voices of Seriously Ill Children and Their Siblings.
- The last chance to get things right: Inequity, social deprivation, and hospice care.
- Building leadership in Africa to promote equity in palliative care.
- It is time for better care at the end of life: a worldwide call to action from the OECD.
- The #EAPC2023 18th World Congress is nearly here!
- ABSTRACT WATCH
- ADVANCE CARE PLANNING
- ADVOCACY & POLICY
- BLOG SERIES
- CHILDREN'S PALLIATIVE CARE
- EAPC ACTIVITIES
- EAPC Board Members
- EAPC Researcher Awards
- EAPC Task Forces/Reference Groups
- EAPC Webinars
- EAPC White Papers, Guidelines & Recommendations
- EAPC World Congresses
- EAPC COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS
- EAPC-LINKED JOURNALS
- EDUCATION & TRAINING
- INTERVIEWS & TRIBUTES
- NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL REPORTS
- OPINION PIECES
- PALLIATIVE CARE IN HUMANITARIAN CRISES
- PATIENT & FAMILY CARE
- Coronavirus and palliative care
- Minority Communities
- Palliative Care & Animals
- Palliative Care and Intensive Care
- Palliative Stories
- PSYCHO-SOCIAL ISSUES
- SYMPTOM CONTROL
- POSTS IN OTHER LANGUAGES
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- SPIRITUAL CARE
- VOLUNTEERING IN PALLIATIVE CARE
Category Archives: SPIRITUAL CARE
Spiritual Care in medicine- the Polish way.
The development of palliative care in Poland has triggered a new examination of medical care, including the spiritual suffering of patients. Dr Małgorzata Fopka-Kowalczyk, Professor Małgorzata Krajnik and Dr Megan Best tell us more. Palliative care began in Poland in … Continue reading
Posted in EAPC Task Forces/Reference Groups, PATIENT & FAMILY CARE, SPIRITUAL CARE Tagged #EAPCvzw Leave a comment
The EAPC Spiritual Care Reference Group: Building on strong foundations
Bella Vivat and Marie-Jose Gijsberts, co-chairs of the EAPC Spiritual Care Reference Group, outline the Group’s history and approach, their own backgrounds and interests, and reflect on planned future work. Spiritual care has been understood as integral to palliative care … Continue reading
Posted in EAPC Task Forces/Reference Groups, SPIRITUAL CARE Tagged #eapc Leave a comment
A Divine Idea: Can Healthcare Chaplains Reduce Suffering and Disparities in End-Stage Cancer Care?
NEW SERIES: A SNEAK PEEK AHEAD OF THE 12TH WORLD RESEARCH CONGRESS ONLINE OF THE EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION FOR PALLIATIVE CARE (EAPC) There are just 103 days to #EAPC2022! With live sessions on 18 to 20 May 2022, and lots of … Continue reading
Posted in EAPC 12th World Research Congresss, Minority Communities, SPIRITUAL CARE Tagged #eapc, #EAPC2022, #EAPCvzw Leave a comment
Abstract Watch: Hospice and palliative care workforce, research priorities, and spirituality
Barry R Ashpole is a Communications Consultant, Educator and Media Specialist from Ontario, Canada, who contributes a bi-annual post for the blog. This contribution focuses on three distinct aspects of end-of-life care: the hospice and palliative care workforce, research priorities, and spirituality … Continue reading
Posted in ABSTRACT WATCH, RESEARCH, SPIRITUAL CARE Leave a comment