Join 18,376 other subscribers
- ‘The Black Man is Not Supposed to Be Here’.
- ‘We are making a new world’: the top ten EAPC blogs January to June 2022!
- Artificial Intelligence has no role in palliative care…or does it?
- Hurdle Hopping: collaborating to overcome challenges in palliative care education.
- A year of work during the war: Sheptytsky Hospital palliative department, Ukraine.
- ABSTRACT WATCH
- ADVANCE CARE PLANNING
- ADVOCACY & POLICY
- BLOG SERIES
- CHILDREN'S PALLIATIVE CARE
- EAPC ACTIVITIES
- EAPC Board Members
- EAPC Researcher Awards
- EAPC Task Forces/Reference Groups
- EAPC Webinars
- EAPC White Papers, Guidelines & Recommendations
- EAPC World Congresses
- EAPC COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS
- EAPC-LINKED JOURNALS
- EDUCATION & TRAINING
- INTERVIEWS & TRIBUTES
- NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL REPORTS
- OPINION PIECES
- PALLIATIVE CARE IN HUMANITARIAN CRISES
- PATIENT & FAMILY CARE
- Coronavirus and palliative care
- Minority Communities
- Palliative Care & Animals
- Palliative Care and Intensive Care
- Palliative Stories
- PSYCHO-SOCIAL ISSUES
- SYMPTOM CONTROL
- POSTS IN OTHER LANGUAGES
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- SPIRITUAL CARE
- VOLUNTEERING IN PALLIATIVE CARE
Category Archives: Journal of Palliative Medicine
Artificial Intelligence has no role in palliative care…or does it?
It would be easy to assume that there many things which could contribute to the development of palliative care, but Artificial Intelligence (AI) isn’t one of them. Yet, today we hear from Dr.Max Sarmet and Dr. Ambereen K. Mehta – … Continue reading
Do relatives think there should be research trials with dying patients?
Although all research requires ethical approval, some people may feel that those who are dying should not be asked if they want to participate in research. But what do relatives of those dying think about this? For December’s Palliative Medicine’s … Continue reading
Compassionate communities: a global expansion.
WE’RE DELIGHTED TO PRESENT THIS MONTH’S ‘EDITOR’S CHOICE’ FROM PALLIATIVE MEDICINE, THE OFFICIAL RESEARCH JOURNAL OF THE EAPC. Each month, Professor Catherine Walshe, Editor-in-Chief of Palliative Medicine, chooses an article that readers may find particularly interesting or useful and invites … Continue reading
“Let’s do this online”: Adapting nominal group technique during COVID-19
The European Association for Palliative Care (EAPC) is a partner organisation of the international project RESPAAC – ‘Research for Palliative Care Clinicians’. Members of RESPACC, Dr Stephen Mason (University of Liverpool, UK) and Professor Sheila Payne (Lancaster University, UK), explain … Continue reading
Irish specialist palliative care team awarded Best European Paper of 2020 at EAPC World Congress Online
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE 17th WORLD CONGRESS ONLINE OF THE EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION FOR PALLIATIVE CARE (EAPC) 2021… Mike Lucey, Consultant in Palliative Medicine at Milford Care Centre, Limerick, Ireland, tells us more about the winning paper he co-authored that was awarded … Continue reading