Join 18,277 other subscribers
- How can palliative care be made more accessible to people who have experienced trauma?
- It’s time to nominate EAPC board candidates!
- Våga Fråga! – Dare to ask about the children.
- Can you capture the essence of palliative care in one image? Enter the EAPC’s photo competition now!
- New Spanish Framework of Nursing Competencies in Palliative Care!
- ABSTRACT WATCH
- ADVANCE CARE PLANNING
- ADVOCACY & POLICY
- CHILDREN'S PALLIATIVE CARE
- EAPC ACTIVITIES
- EAPC Board Members
- EAPC Researcher Awards
- EAPC Task Forces/Reference Groups
- EAPC Webinars
- EAPC White Papers, Guidelines & Recommendations
- EAPC World Congresses
- EAPC COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS
- EAPC-LINKED JOURNALS
- EDUCATION & TRAINING
- INTERVIEWS & TRIBUTES
- NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL REPORTS
- PALLIATIVE CARE IN HUMANITARIAN CRISES
- PATIENT & FAMILY CARE
- Coronavirus and palliative care
- Minority Communities
- Palliative Care & Animals
- Palliative Care and Intensive Care
- Palliative Stories
- PSYCHO-SOCIAL ISSUES
- SYMPTOM CONTROL
- POSTS IN OTHER LANGUAGES
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- SPIRITUAL CARE
- VOLUNTEERING IN PALLIATIVE CARE
Category Archives: Coronavirus and palliative care
‘Physician heal thyself’. Immeasurably harder to do in a pandemic. Dr. Sandhya Maharaj reflects on her inner world while delivering Supportive Care in a developing country. Living in the region of the world classed as developing during a global pandemic … Continue reading
New series: Palliative Care and Public Health – where contributors will explore how we can make sure that palliative care becomes part of public health and a health care priority. To launch the series, our guest writer Luc Deliens, Professor … Continue reading
Sustaining Palliative Care Services in the Covid-19 Pandemic: Outcomes from the Leadership Day 2021
In October 2021, the European Palliative Care Academy (EUPCA) and the Leadership Development Initiative (LDI) held their second Leadership Day as part of the 17th World Congress of the European Association for Palliative Care (EAPC). Chaired by Professor Frank Ferris … Continue reading
“I may not be with you, but I’m holding your hand”: What has COVID taught us about telehealth in palliative care?
Monica Bason-Flaquer is a project manager at Marie Curie, a leading end-of-life charity that provides frontline nursing and hospice care in the United Kingdom. With a specific interest in improvement and inclusion in health and social care, Monica recently conducted … Continue reading
ANOTHER IMPORTANT CONTRIBUTION TO OUR SPECIAL SERIES ON COVID-19 AND THE PALLIATIVE CARE RESPONSE… Today’s guest writers are Rachel Cripps, Dr Anna Bone, and Professor Katherine Sleeman from the Cicely Saunders Institute of Palliative Care, Policy & Rehabilitation, King’s College … Continue reading