Join 18,277 other subscribers
- How can palliative care be made more accessible to people who have experienced trauma?
- It’s time to nominate EAPC board candidates!
- Våga Fråga! – Dare to ask about the children.
- Can you capture the essence of palliative care in one image? Enter the EAPC’s photo competition now!
- New Spanish Framework of Nursing Competencies in Palliative Care!
- ABSTRACT WATCH
- ADVANCE CARE PLANNING
- ADVOCACY & POLICY
- CHILDREN'S PALLIATIVE CARE
- EAPC ACTIVITIES
- EAPC Board Members
- EAPC Researcher Awards
- EAPC Task Forces/Reference Groups
- EAPC Webinars
- EAPC White Papers, Guidelines & Recommendations
- EAPC World Congresses
- EAPC COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS
- EAPC-LINKED JOURNALS
- EDUCATION & TRAINING
- INTERVIEWS & TRIBUTES
- NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL REPORTS
- PALLIATIVE CARE IN HUMANITARIAN CRISES
- PATIENT & FAMILY CARE
- Coronavirus and palliative care
- Minority Communities
- Palliative Care & Animals
- Palliative Care and Intensive Care
- Palliative Stories
- PSYCHO-SOCIAL ISSUES
- SYMPTOM CONTROL
- POSTS IN OTHER LANGUAGES
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- SPIRITUAL CARE
- VOLUNTEERING IN PALLIATIVE CARE
Category Archives: Palliative sedation
Current clinical practice guidelines on palliative sedative for adults: What are the ethical challenges of this practice?
Dr Martyna Tomczyk and Prof Ralf J Jox, researchers in the ethics of palliative care at the Institute of Humanities in Medicine, Lausanne University Hospital in Switzerland, with the invaluable help of Mrs Cécile Jaques, a medical librarian at the … Continue reading
As part of the European Union-funded Horizon2020 Palliative Sedation project, the European Association for Palliative Care (EAPC) will present a FREE 60-minute webinar on Thursday 3rd June 2021 (14.00 CET). Members of the consortium, Jeroen Hasselaar, Julie Ling and Sheila … Continue reading
What is the current practice regarding palliative sedation in palliative care? This is the main question that answers this systematic review of prospective studies. It is part of a Horizon2020 project, Palliative Sedation, in which different countries and centres across Europe … Continue reading
How to measure the effects and potential adverse events of palliative sedation? An integrative review
María Arantzamendi, Alazne Belar Beitia and Carlos Centeno, researchers from the Instituto Cultura y Sociedad, Universidad de Navarra (Spain), are members of the Palliative Sedation consortium. Here, they explain the background to a longer article published in ‘Palliative Medicine’ and available … Continue reading
Palliative sedation does not shorten survival in the last days of life in patients with advanced cancer: A propensity score-weighted analysis of a prospective cohort study
Only 71 days to #EAPC2020 … The 11th World Research Congress of the European Association for Palliative Care which, for the first time ever, will take place online with interactive online sessions 7 to 9 October 2020 and on-demand content … Continue reading