Join 18,277 other subscribers
- How can palliative care be made more accessible to people who have experienced trauma?
- It’s time to nominate EAPC board candidates!
- Våga Fråga! – Dare to ask about the children.
- Can you capture the essence of palliative care in one image? Enter the EAPC’s photo competition now!
- New Spanish Framework of Nursing Competencies in Palliative Care!
- ABSTRACT WATCH
- ADVANCE CARE PLANNING
- ADVOCACY & POLICY
- CHILDREN'S PALLIATIVE CARE
- EAPC ACTIVITIES
- EAPC Board Members
- EAPC Researcher Awards
- EAPC Task Forces/Reference Groups
- EAPC Webinars
- EAPC White Papers, Guidelines & Recommendations
- EAPC World Congresses
- EAPC COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS
- EAPC-LINKED JOURNALS
- EDUCATION & TRAINING
- INTERVIEWS & TRIBUTES
- NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL REPORTS
- PALLIATIVE CARE IN HUMANITARIAN CRISES
- PATIENT & FAMILY CARE
- Coronavirus and palliative care
- Minority Communities
- Palliative Care & Animals
- Palliative Care and Intensive Care
- Palliative Stories
- PSYCHO-SOCIAL ISSUES
- SYMPTOM CONTROL
- POSTS IN OTHER LANGUAGES
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- SPIRITUAL CARE
- VOLUNTEERING IN PALLIATIVE CARE
Category Archives: INTERVIEWS & TRIBUTES
The words we use matter. Especially when discussing subjects that inform end-of-life decisions. Today, Oisín Liam Power, Irish writer and film maker, tells us about the inspiration behind his new short film – and why metaphorical war language should be … Continue reading
Vittorio Ventafridda was a palliative care pioneer and in 2007, the Maruzza Foundation established an award in his honour. It is given each year to a clinician who has demonstrated outstanding initiative and enterprise in the paediatric palliative care sector … Continue reading
There aren’t often plays about palliative care (though we think there should be!) so we are delighted to highlight a new production debuting at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival this month. Sociologist and now playwright, Professor David Clark tells us about … Continue reading
Ingeborg Griffioen, designer, researcher, founder of Panton and Metromapping, and passionate advocate of shared decision making. In this tribute, colleagues pay tribute to her drive, determination and many talents. To our great sadness on Wednesday, 13th April 2022, Ingeborg Griffioen … Continue reading
Dr Cynthia Goh (1949- 2022) died in February at the age of 72. Cynthia was the founding president of HCA Hospice Care, Singapore’s largest hospice homecare provider, and she led the Department of Palliative Medicine at Singapore’s National Cancer Centre. … Continue reading