Join 18,277 other subscribers
- How can palliative care be made more accessible to people who have experienced trauma?
- It’s time to nominate EAPC board candidates!
- Våga Fråga! – Dare to ask about the children.
- Can you capture the essence of palliative care in one image? Enter the EAPC’s photo competition now!
- New Spanish Framework of Nursing Competencies in Palliative Care!
- ABSTRACT WATCH
- ADVANCE CARE PLANNING
- ADVOCACY & POLICY
- CHILDREN'S PALLIATIVE CARE
- EAPC ACTIVITIES
- EAPC Board Members
- EAPC Researcher Awards
- EAPC Task Forces/Reference Groups
- EAPC Webinars
- EAPC White Papers, Guidelines & Recommendations
- EAPC World Congresses
- EAPC COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS
- EAPC-LINKED JOURNALS
- EDUCATION & TRAINING
- INTERVIEWS & TRIBUTES
- NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL REPORTS
- PALLIATIVE CARE IN HUMANITARIAN CRISES
- PATIENT & FAMILY CARE
- Coronavirus and palliative care
- Minority Communities
- Palliative Care & Animals
- Palliative Care and Intensive Care
- Palliative Stories
- PSYCHO-SOCIAL ISSUES
- SYMPTOM CONTROL
- POSTS IN OTHER LANGUAGES
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- SPIRITUAL CARE
- VOLUNTEERING IN PALLIATIVE CARE
Category Archives: East & Central Europe
NEW SERIES: EXPLORING NEW DIMENSIONS AT #EAPC2021 … THERE ARE JUST SIX DAYS TO THE 17TH WORLD CONGRESS ONLINE OF THE EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION FOR PALLIATIVE CARE (#EAPC2021), WITH LIVE SESSIONS ON 6 TO 8 OCTOBER, LOTS OF ON-DEMAND CONTENT, AND … Continue reading
By Marius Čiurlionis, Head of Nursing, Palliative Medicine and Social Care Clinic, VšĮ Centro Poliklinika, Vilnius, Lithuania, and a founding member of the Baltic Palliative Care Association. Marius explains how the Baltic Palliative Care Association is contributing to better understanding, … Continue reading
Combining, sharing and adapting knowledge and experience to solve problems more effectively is a hallmark of good palliative care. Marius Čiurlionis is Head of Nursing, Palliative Medicine and Social Care Clinic, VšĮ Centro Poliklinika, Vilnius in Lithuania, and is also a founding … Continue reading
Earlier this week, Renata Marđetko described how a change in the law is leading to real progress in Croatia and told us about recent education and training initiatives. Today, Professor David Oliver, an honorary professor at the Tizard Centre, University of Kent, and Tricia … Continue reading
Renata Marđetko, Palliative Care Coordinator in Međimurje, Croatia, describes how palliative care has progressed since the national law was changed allowing palliative care to be provided and funded within the national healthcare system. For more than 25 years, there have been plans to … Continue reading