Join 18,449 other subscribers
- The last chance to get things right: Inequity, social deprivation, and hospice care.
- Building leadership in Africa to promote equity in palliative care.
- It is time for better care at the end of life: a worldwide call to action from the OECD.
- The #EAPC2023 18th World Congress is nearly here!
- How a resource-oriented approach can enhance palliative care.
- ABSTRACT WATCH
- ADVANCE CARE PLANNING
- ADVOCACY & POLICY
- BLOG SERIES
- CHILDREN'S PALLIATIVE CARE
- EAPC ACTIVITIES
- EAPC Board Members
- EAPC Researcher Awards
- EAPC Task Forces/Reference Groups
- EAPC Webinars
- EAPC White Papers, Guidelines & Recommendations
- EAPC World Congresses
- EAPC COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS
- EAPC-LINKED JOURNALS
- EDUCATION & TRAINING
- INTERVIEWS & TRIBUTES
- NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL REPORTS
- OPINION PIECES
- PALLIATIVE CARE IN HUMANITARIAN CRISES
- PATIENT & FAMILY CARE
- Coronavirus and palliative care
- Minority Communities
- Palliative Care & Animals
- Palliative Care and Intensive Care
- Palliative Stories
- PSYCHO-SOCIAL ISSUES
- SYMPTOM CONTROL
- POSTS IN OTHER LANGUAGES
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- SPIRITUAL CARE
- VOLUNTEERING IN PALLIATIVE CARE
Tag Archives: #EAPCvzw
Apply now! Nominate yourself or a colleague for the EAPC World Congress 2023 Researcher Awards.
The annual EAPC Congress is among the most well-known and respected events in palliative care. It hosts healthcare professionals, policymakers, scientists and experts from across the world. The EAPC Researcher Awards are always a highlight, recognising outstanding scientific contributions to … Continue reading
Posted in 18th World Congress, EAPC ACTIVITIES, EAPC Researcher Awards, EAPC World Congresses Tagged #EAPCvzw Leave a comment
Hidden in Plain Sight: the Death of the Queen.
There are not many lives that have been as public as the Queen of the United Kingdom’s, and yet her death at the age of 96 seemed unexpected to some. Kathryn Mannix, author and retired palliative care doctor, reflects on … Continue reading
Posted in ADVANCE CARE PLANNING, BEREAVEMENT Tagged #EAPCvzw 1 Comment
Relieving suffering and supporting the patient and the family: end-of-life care guidance for paramedics.
We’re delighted to present this month’s ‘Editor’s Choice’ from Palliative Medicine, the official research journal of the EAPC. This month, Leena Surakka and Kari Törrönen tells us about the findings of their research into end-of-life protocols for paramedics in Finland…and … Continue reading
Spiritual Care in medicine- the Polish way.
The development of palliative care in Poland has triggered a new examination of medical care, including the spiritual suffering of patients. Dr Małgorzata Fopka-Kowalczyk, Professor Małgorzata Krajnik and Dr Megan Best tell us more. Palliative care began in Poland in … Continue reading
Posted in EAPC Task Forces/Reference Groups, PATIENT & FAMILY CARE, SPIRITUAL CARE Tagged #EAPCvzw Leave a comment
ICU and Palliative Care: Poles Apart or a Mindset in Common?
For the first in our new Palliative Care and Intensive Care series, Dr Sophia Henderson, Post CCT (Post Certificate of Completion of Training) Fellow in Intensive Care & Palliative Care, reflects on how historically referring ICU patients to palliative care … Continue reading
Posted in Palliative Care and Intensive Care, PATIENT & FAMILY CARE Tagged #EAPCvzw Leave a comment