We are excited to say there is just one month to go to #EAPC2023! The EAPC’s 18th World Congress is live in Rotterdam on 15th-17th June 2023, and we can’t wait to see everyone in person again. Three days of inspiration, networking, meeting friends and colleagues. There’s still time to register! Here’s a sneak peek about what you can look forward to, as well as a very special announcement…
We are delighted to announce that our World Congress has been granted the patronage of the Secretary General of the Council of Europe, Ms. Marija Pejčinović Burić.
EAPC President Christoph Ostgathe says, ‘This is a major first for the European Association for Palliative Care. To have our World Congress receive the patronage of the Secretary General of the Council of Europe, Ms Marija Pejčinović Burić is a great honour and is recognition of the importance of our work to promote and develop palliative care across the whole of Europe.’
An exciting #EAPC2023 programme!
We have such a great line up to announce! On Thursday 15th June to Saturday 17th June 2023, we are delighted to be joined in Rotterdam by speakers from over twenty countries globally including Portugal, Hungary, Jordan, Senegal, Australia, Japan, Canada, USA, India, Singapore and Uganda – truly showcasing palliative care from around the world.
Registering for the Congress means you can access:
- The full Congress programme over three days
- Lectures from our plenary speakers – Kelli Stajduhar, Raymond Voltz, Mark Taubert, Ida Korfage, Zipporah Ali, David Hui, Per Sjögren and Barbara Sourkes
- Twenty parallel sessions
- Six interactive workshops
- Paediatric palliative care day
- Fifteen free communication sessions
- Nine award presentations
- Digital Legacy conference
- Science Slam
- Seventeen EAPC open group meetings – find out more about the great work of the EAPC groups
- Twelve breakfast meetings
- Over six hundred posters, sharing the latest in palliative care research
- Special events such as Kathryn Mannix’s ‘About Books and Communication’
- Plus help us celebrate the first European Palliative Care Day!
There is so much to look forward to!
“A focus on Equity and Diversity at EAPC is a welcome addition to the conversations required to enhance equity-oriented approaches to palliative and end of life care. I’m looking forward to our collective capacity to think deeply about what equity means in our field and to find ways to enhance it.” Dr. Kelli I. Stajduhar.
“I look forward to this year’s EAPC World Congress to learn about the latest developments in palliative care research that can transform clinical practice. The conference theme on Equity and Diversity is important because equity improves patient outcomes and diversity drives innovation” Dr.David Hui.
“I can’t wait to join friends and colleagues at #EAPC2023. I have quite a few talks and workshops lined up, but oddly have more trepidations about the Science Slam, as my entry is a bit controversial, AND what happens if no one laughs? Horrifying! But I’m sure the wonderful palliative care community will be very forgiving.
Equity and Diversity underpins this event, and I feel we cannot bang the drum about this enough, so have tried to create these important pillars in all my contributions. See you there” Prof. Mark Taubert .
So don’t miss out! Register now.
We promise you an engaging, thought provoking and inspiring three days! We look forward to seeing you there.
- Register for the congress here. (Up to 25% discount for EAPC members).
- View the full programme here.
- Read about the exciting choice of Congress workshops here.
- Don’t miss out on the latest congress news – follow @EAPCvzw #EAPC2023 and read the EAPC blog.
- Click here to find out more about the first European Palliative Care day!