The European Association for Palliative Care (EAPC) will host its latest webinar on Thursday 13 January 2022 (3pm CET) in partnership with the EAPC Task Force on Last Aid and Public Palliative Care Education.
Georg Bollig, Marius Ciurlionis and Boris Knopf, who chair the task force, extend a warm welcome to everyone and provide an update on the work of the group.
The webinar will introduce the topic of Public Palliative Care Education (PPCE) and Last Aid. Most people would prefer to die at home. But this is often not possible because they lack support from relatives, friends, neighbours and communities. Public Palliative Care Education, which aims to educate the public, empower citizens and enhance the public discourse about death and dying, is thus a vital key to achieving community participation.
What is the webinar about?
During the webinar, members of the task force will provide four short presentations:
- Marius Ciurlionis (Ministry of Health, Lithuania) will talk about Mapping the education needs of family members in Lithuania.
- Georg Bollig, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark) and Erika Zelko (University of Linz, Austria) will provide an overview of the existing Last Aid research and the work of the Last Aid Research Group (LARGE).
- Mark Hazelwood (Scottish Partnership for Palliative Care, Scotland) will present End of life Aid Skills for Everyone (EASE).
- Jamie Woodworth (University of Lund, Sweden) will talk about Developing capacity for caring in civil society through education in “Last Aid”: An attempt at strengthening the social sustainability of care-work at the end of life.
Register here to join us at the Public Palliative Care Education webinar on 13 January at 3pm CET.
More activities from the EAPC Task Force on Last Aid and Public Palliative Care Education
The coming year promises to be a busy one for members of our task force with their involvement in two major international conferences taking place in October. Erika Zelko and Georg Bollig will lead on the organisation of the 3rd International Last Aid Conference in Maribor, Slovenia, from 28 to 29 October. Marius Ciurlionis, Lotte Blicher Mørk and Georg Bollig will hold a workshop on Public Palliative Care Education during the 23rd International Congress on Palliative Care in Montreal, Canada, from 18 to 21 October.
New members who want to actively participate are welcomed. Please email the EAPC Task Force Chair, Georg Bollig.
Links and upcoming events
- EAPC Task Force on Last Aid and Public Palliative Care Education.
- Last Aid International lastaid.info
- 23rd International Congress on Palliative Care, Montreal, Canada – 18 to 21 October 2022.
- 3RD International Last Aid Conference, Maribor, Slovenia – 28 to 29 October 2022. (Information on the 2022 conference will be available soon, please check the website http://lastaid.paliativa.si/ for updates).
The EAPC webinar series is free of charge and open to all health and social care staff, academics, and researchers with an interest in palliative care. On-demand content of previous webinars is also available exclusively for members in the ‘Events’ area of the EAPC website – login with your password to access. Join, or renew your membership here. Members of our national associations can join the EAPC for free here.
WELCOME TO EAPC 12TH WORLD RESEARCH CONGRESS ONLINE – 18 to 20 MAY 2022 REGISTER NOW BEFORE EARLY BIRD CLOSES ON 28 FEBRUARY…